At Strickland’s Home, creating beautiful fabric treatments for your home is a truly collaborative process. We streamline a complex design process and work hand-in-hand with you to create one-of-a-kind custom-designed, professionally-installed fabric treatments. Our designers are at your service, and will help you envision and design your draperies; while our support team will work politely and respectfully within your schedule and space to install the final product.
From the first phone call to the final installation, we work diligently to make the vision you have for your space a reality. Our goal is that you’ll be delighted every time you look at your custom-designed window treatments and fabrics.
Although each project comes with its own unique details and timeline, our 8-step design process provides you with a general outline of how we create custom-designed draperies and fabrics for Strickland’s customers.
- Getting to Know You. First, we get to know your space and needs with a free in-home consultation. We’ll ask you about your plans for the space, as well as any specific aesthetic or functional needs you have in mind. Our professional Design Consultant will help you consider many questions you may have not thought of on your own, such as:
- Do you want room darkening or light-blocking window treatments?
- Do you have a preference for the height from which your treatments hang?
- Do you want your draperies to be floor-length or puddled?
- Measuring Your Windows and Space. Next, we take measurements of your windows and space. We’ll consider heights from floor to ceiling, rod placement, and more. Precise measurements allow us to create beautiful, perfectly tailored treatments. For this reason, we include these measurements as part of our complimentary initial consultation.
- Exploring the Options. After we’ve discussed your needs and measured accordingly, our designers will help you explore a number of options for window treatments and designs to match your space. With hundreds of fabric swatches and dozens of styles to choose from, we’ll help you select the right choice that works for your personal aesthetic, lifestyle, and budget.
- Creating a Design. Based on your feedback and budget, we’ll create a plan for draperies with custom fit, design, accessories, and hardware to suit your space. Depending on the size and needs of your window treatment project, we may request from 1 to 7 days to complete a design.
- Finalizing the Design. After we’ve created a design for your window treatments, we’ll meet with you again to finalize every detail. We’ll make sure you’re completely satisfied with the design and its components before creating an official sales agreement for you to sign. At this time, we’ll provide you with the final price, which will not change. A 50% deposit is due at this time, with the remaining 50% due upon installation.
- Ordering Your Fabrics. We’ll send a custom order for your window treatment fabrics to the appropriate fabricator as soon as the deposit has been placed. Wait times average 4–5 weeks, but it could take longer depending on the workroom schedule for the fabric house you choose.
- Installing Your Draperies. When your installation date arrives, our professional in-house installers will arrive promptly to install your draperies. As experts at their craft, our installers will carefully complete the installation with attention to every detail. They will make sure the hardware properly supports the weight of your draperies; they’ll steam and dress the fabrics to hang beautifully and pull aside correctly when opening or closing. Once they’ve verified everything is functioning correctly, they’ll tidy up, leaving your space as they found it. Finally, our installers will invite you to see, feel, and test out your newly completed fabric treatments.
- Enjoy! After your draperies have been installed, the last step is easy – enjoy! Your custom-designed, professionally installed draperies are yours to appreciate for years to come. Because we want you to be completely satisfied with the finished product, we guarantee installation for life. We ask you to please share your feedback with us and your family and friends on Google, Facebook, or Houzz.
Our Design Consultant will also note the room’s existing color scheme, fabrics, and architectural details, such as doors, moldings, and hardware. We will keep all of these considerations in mind as we suggest fabrics and treatments that will suit your space.